Tuesday, May 23

Finally updating; here's some life drawings. Most of them are Genevive and a few other models that I personally enjoy drawing. I am learning more about the human body every day. Extra Life drawing helps a lot, and good books about it are always welcome.
Experimenting on toned paper, and below some marker tests. I've just started using the markers more and I think there's so much more that you can achieve with them- experimentation is good, it gives you a sense of where you're at, where you wanna go with it, and what you need to improve.

I find it good for my drawing practice to exaggerate sometimes. When we have longer poses and straight on poses like this one, I like emphasizing some parts more than others. It's fun to see what you end up with.

Some more toned paper, some more colors. As you might have noticed I really like bright colors, but I think there is a time to use more sombre ones too- maybe later. Hahaha!!!



Hope this is something to look at, maybe enjoy, and even comment on. All critiques are welcome, good or bad- no critique is a bad critique anyway, that's the way I see it. Later animaters!!!

2 comments:

Musashiro 夢査白 said...

Hey sis! I LOVE the caricature of Jan (asian lady)! It's spot on. Good stuff.

Riè said...

Ciao Andreea. Molto grazie per sempre leggere il mio blog.

Mi piaciono i tuoi disegni della figura umana. Hai uno stile bello. Tutto bene!

(Ok that's all the Italian I'm gonna write because I don't have my dictionary with me... and I'm probably making tons of mistakes ahah.... ).

Just keep going to extra life... keep trying to see all the structures, joints, feet placement, weight (similar to Jose's comment), but at the same time, don't think too much. Enjoy the drawing and learning process. :D

Ci vediamo a life drawing.